Insomnia help for busy moms/Do you get quality sleep?
Do you find it difficult falling asleep and are wondering whether you are suffering from insomnia? Do you get quality sleep every day? Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning? You may be suffering from Insomnia. Getting quality sleep is very important for physical as well as mental health of busy moms.
Sleep provides a chance to rest the mind and repair the body. Too much, as well as poor sleep, can cause irritability and lack of concentration. The quality of sleep is very important.
There are two types of sleep-slow -wave orthodox sleep, which is essential for our physical health, and rapid-eye-movement sleep, which is essential for mental health. We alternate between periods of sleep. Busy moms find it particularly challenging to get enough sleep as they are already bogged down with too many tasks at hand and the indispensable list of tasks to be completed the next day.
Do and dont’s for poor sleepers/Insomnia help
- Keep your sleep schedule as regular as possible. Try to finish your household chores in time by following a well-set schedule(read more on time management for busy moms). Respect your body clock and sleep when it’s time to.
- Exercise during the day, the sense of mental well-being that accompanies regular exercise helps to promote good sleep especially when combined with a healthy diet. Try to relieve your stress(read-Stress relief for busy moms)
- Drink milk as it contains an amino acid that causes the brain to release a mild tranquillising substance that encouraging drowsiness, but do not have a drink before going to bed if you are prone to waking up to go to the lavatory.
- Don’t drink strong coffee or tea just before going to bed or late in the evening as caffeine is a powerful stimulant. Herbal teas are popularly used to induce sleep.
- Don’t eat indigestible or high-fat foods in the evening, as they will keep your digestive system active. The later in the evening you eat, the lighter your meal should be.
- Don’t eat foods you know you have a sensitivity to just before going to bed. For example, fruits and vegetables give some people gas and cheese can give some people nightmares.
- Do not rely on sleeping pills or other drugs for more than a few days without seeing a doctor.
- Avoid taking a nap in the afternoon if it affects your sleep at night.
- Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable for use.
- Avoid using electronic gadgets like mobile phones, the laptop just before going to sleep as it may not allow you to get your body ready for a good night sleep as they keep the brain active.
- If you are still having trouble trying to fall asleep seek medicinal help.